In going through the dresst closet, we realized there are a few brands known for their bold and vibrant prints that aren’t readily available at other Canadian stores and many of you may not be familiar with them. So what better way to introduce you to them than with a blog highlight!
In this first installment of the Behind The Brands series, let’s look at MISA, ba&sh, Hutch, and how you can incorporate these beautifully crafted pieces into your outfits. And spoiler alert: clothing rental is a great way to try out a brand to see if it’s a fit with your style.
Patterns and prints instantly catch the eye and are great at adding a lift an everyday or basic outfit. They even work as a full outfit on their own (think a printed midi dress or patterned maxi dress)
If you’re new to prints and patterns, treat them as accent pieces. Slowly incorporate them into your look (blouses are a great place to start). A few fun printed items are sure to spice up the wardrobe! And remember, when you’re renting, there’s zero commitment so it’s a great time to have a little fun.
- HQ Location: Los Angeles
- Brand ethos: effortless femininity
- Known for: fluid silhouettes, airy fabrics, confident prints and unique detailing. Their many-moment pieces take you from day to evening, week to weekend and to travels away.
- Best to wear when:
- Vacation Outfit: MISA Shadi Dress
- Zoom Meeting Outfit: MISA Sakina Top
- Weekend Errand Outfit: MISA Savanna Dress
- HQ Location: Paris
- Brand ethos: Parisian romantic with a little rock ‘n’ roll
- Known for: elevated staples, easy-to-wear pieces; always feminine with a touch of bohemian elegance such as wrap tops and wrap skirts.
- Best to wear when:
- Summer BBQ Weekend: ba&sh Lali Top goes amazingly well with a pair of white denim
- Cottage Country Getaway: ba&sh Scarlett Skirt
- Professional On Top: ba&sh Paco Top makes a great summer essential
HQ Location: New York
Brand ethos: Timelessness over trends
Known for: bright colours, conceptual prints, and a toned-down sexy sophistication. Hutch is also a fairly easy gateway for anyone who wants to experiment with prints but not ready to go all out yet.
Best to wear when:
Baby Shower Outfit: Hutch Mona Dress
Girls Night Out Outfit: Hutch Marla Chiffon Top
Date Night Outfit: Hutch Maeve Dress has an elegant mid-waist twist
Whether it's just a statement item, all over, or even mixing different prints in one outfit, we hope our suggestions have inspired you to find what works best for your personal style. Shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions!
As a clothing rental service, we take pride in:
Giving you access to a smart closet with hundreds of styles from over 50 brands and designers
Providing you with a hassle-free renting experience: flexible swap policy, free shipping and dry cleaning (both ways), and tailored service to your special requests (drop us an email at email@example.com for more details!)
Saving you time and stress from the traditional in-store clothing shopping experience - www.dresst.ca is always open so you can shop whenever and wherever you want.
As always, your rentals arrive dry-cleaned in a carefully packed box with free delivery both ways. For orders around Toronto downtown core placed before noon, we can have it shipped to you with a fast and hassle-free same-day delivery.